Webinar – Navigating Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker Program
Date: Wednesday, November 20th, 2013
Time: 12:00 pm EST
Duration: 1 hour
Presenter: Hilary Predy, Associate Vice President – Global Mobility
CLICK HERE and enter your email address to listen to the recorded webinar.
About this webinar
Currently in Canada, companies in booming industries are having trouble finding the qualified workers they need to fill the positions that drive their success. This labour shortage is why many companies are leveraging Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW) Program. By bringing in qualified workers from overseas, these businesses are able to meet the demands of their markets. However, the ins and outs of Canada’s TFW Program can be difficult to negotiate.
In this webinar, you will:
- Learn about the economic conditions that have created the need to bring foreign workers into Canada
- Become familiar with the terminology used within the program
- Comprehend the current changes to the program and will see how these changes effect businesses both large and small
- Learn to avoid the common mistakes companies make
- Analyze a case study about a specific company with large TFW recruitment needs
- Learn how Adecco can help such companies
- Review useful online resources related to the TFW Program
About the presenter
Hilary has over 25 years’ tenure with Adecco in positions of increasing responsibility, focusing on sales and operational support for a multi-branch network. She is currently the Associate Vice President, Global Mobility. In this role she works with closely with clients who need to supplement their Canadian workforce with workers from outside the county. Pulling from Adecco’s international branch network, Hilary coordinates between the hiring company and the source country to make sure that all elements of the hiring and immigration process are handle correctly and to ensure that both employers and candidates have a positive and productive experience.
During the 2010 Winter Games, Hilary managed four large projects supporting various clients involved with the Games. With over 1500 associates working across diverse geographic areas and in 100’s of different job classifications, Adecco provided outstanding recruitment and workforce management solutions to high profile customers. In 2001, Hilary led the Edmonton team to with the President’s Club award for Outstanding Large Branch.